Being able to study at UNA was a pure serendipity. I had been thinking of getting a higher degree ever since I have graduated, I even wanted to study abroad, but it seemed I didn’t have any opportunity. Until one day my boyfriend told me he had been approached by UNA EMBA, and could get an international degree without leaving his job, by taking the classes in Taiwan. So we enthusiastically agreed and I asked him to take me with him to the lecture.
Thinking back, I remember Dr. Chen telling us that while 95% of the people spend their weekends watching TV, eating, and having fun, so if we want to be a part of the other 5%, who seek education and pave their future, wouldn’t we be running faster and achieving a little more than the rest? On that day the two lecturers were company owners. One of them was a representative of an American beauty products company, with a long entrepreneurial journey. He had gone from success through failure, from failure to comeback and then another failure, when finally choosing to study EMBA. He was enrolled in different Masters Degrees, making contacts in various industries, so that he could learn from the experience of his peers in the same industry and seek inspiration from peers involved in other industries. He wanted to learn management expertise and undauntedly sought new heights in his business. The second man was Mr. Wang, a man over 50, with the spirit to learn as long as he is alive. He showed us a movie about a training coach of a team, who inspired the bond and leadership of his players, enhancing their moral and making them work hard to reach things that they didn’t believe ware possible. At that point I asked myself whether I should give myself a chance. And so we both started the EMBA program.
Getting into UNA was the watershed in my life, this is where the transformation started, where the story changed and brought me great benefits. If you are thinking how to face the irreversible globalization trend, if you’re wondering what the individual roles are, what your business opportunities are and which way you should take, allow me to give you a suggestion – come to study EMBA at UNA and find your answers.
This is a place where we study with emphasis on global thinking, an interactive teaching style crossing borders, universities and countries. Our study areas include USA, Taiwan and China, creating a constantly interacting network. The global perspective and the patterns of international business people can all be seen in the context of the curriculum design. We are offered very strong foreign faculty, a free course in the 5 steps and 10 knowledge areas of project management, for fully “mastering the management and implementation of a project”, flexibly adaptable management tools, learning through the perspective of our work background, so we can convert our individual experiences into a systematic standardized management process, thus greatly improving our work efficiency. Furthermore, we are offered an ESL class to improve our listening, speaking, reading and writing, increasing our international competitiveness. UNA’s fees are affordable, giving you more than your money’s worth. I strongly recommend the EMBA program at UNA. Are you looking for the lost knowledge in the busy concrete jungle? Let the professional foreign and local professors lead the way to excellence and let us all meet the challenges of globalization with ease.
I am at a senior position in our company, where I need a global vision and macroscopic point of view. Moreover, during my previous work overseas and service at multinational corporations, I have deeply understood the impact of international dynamics on the industry in Taiwan, and that management is a necessary tool for our everyday tasks. The main core of the EMBA program is management, so while we are studying we can increase our management concept expertise beyond our professional field, which will not only help us lead our business partners and enhance the efficiency and quality of our work, but will also help all EMBA members get a higher status in their work. Most importantly, the EMBA students learn from each other by exchanging views. Since we come from different backgrounds, when we discuss the cases in class or prepare our assignments together, we exchange our practical experience, which is our most valuable gain.